Phyto Shot - Nannochloropsis Phytoplankton
Phyto-Shots serve as a nutritious dietary supplement for the zooplankton in your aquarium, providing a natural food source for organisms like copepods or rotifers, particularly if you're cultivating them separately.
Each Phyto-Shot is filled to the brim with fresh, live Nannochloropsis Phytoplankton. Designed with convenience in mind, the Phyto-Shots are the perfect solution for busy aquarium enthusiasts. These compact pouches can be swiftly posted through your letterbox, ensuring your aquatic friends never miss a meal, even when you're not home.
Why Use Phytoplankton?
Some marine creatures, like fish, who can't directly capture phytoplankton, cleverly prey on smaller organisms that consume these tiny algae, like copepods, rotifers, and mysids. Marine algae, particularly phytoplankton, are a rich source of essential nutrients that animals can't produce alone, making them a vital part of a balanced diet.
Renowned for their impressive detoxifying abilities, Nannochloropsis Phytoplankton is a crucial component in many reef aquariums. They diligently absorb unwanted chemicals, including ammonia, nitrite, nitrates, phosphates, and silicates, significantly maintaining an optimal aquatic environment. Their role in mitigating these potentially harmful elements underscores the importance and benefits of incorporating Nannochloropsis Phytoplankton in your reef aquarium.
Discover the benefits of our Nannochloropsis Oculata Mix, and learn why Nannochloropsis and Tetraselmis are essential to marine life.
- Witness the enhancement in the vibrancy of your corals' colours
- Accelerate your corals' growth rate
- Observe more pronounced polyp extension
- Boost the population of microfauna in your reef ecosystem
- Encourage flourishing populations of zooplankton and copepods.
This product cannot be cultured. If you wish to culture this strain of algae, then please use our culture starter. This product is cultured and formulated for marine life consumption only.
- Delivery is free for all orders over £50. Otherwise, delivery starts from £2.70 depending on the weight of the items you plan to purchase.
- Once your product has shipped, it usually arrives the next day but can take upto 2 business days to reach you depending on the delivery service you selected.
- Our order cut off time is 1pm
- Once your order has been dispatch we will email you with your order tracking details.
- More information regarding shipping can be found here.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.