It is important that you feed tangs and other marine fish a good variety of live, frozen, and prepared formula foods with emphasis in vegetable and spirulina.
It's best to feed small amounts several times a day. Improves survival of fish fry and brine shrimp Aqaculture fish are grown from tiny hatchery fry.
This first stage is difficult and critical for success in aquaculture. Often, survival rates are very low. Spirulina added to the feed ration at 1 to 10% levels increases survival rates, allowing fish to reach market size sooner. It is the best food for tiny brine shrimp.
Tiny zooplankton are another delicious food for larger fish, but growers have found them hard to cultivate.
Benefits of Spirulina
When fed spirulina, chances of successful cultivation improve greatly.
Spirulina has many health benefits for marine fish as it enhances the immune system to a higher level which helps fight off disease.
Fish breeders have discovered five key benefits to using feeds with spirulina:
1) better growth rates,
2) improved quality and coloration,
3) better survival rates,
4) reduced medication requirements,
5) and reduced waste in the effluent.
- Delivery is free for all orders over £50. Otherwise, delivery starts from £2.70 depending on the weight of the items you plan to purchase.
- Once your product has shipped, it usually arrives the next day but can take upto 2 business days to reach you depending on the delivery service you selected.
- Our order cut off time is 1pm
- Once your order has been dispatch we will email you with your order tracking details.
- More information regarding shipping can be found here.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.